WHATSINTHESHOP.COM A Forum To Share What's Going On In Your Shop

Author   Comment  
banana4monkey

Reply with quote  #1 

Asking $1,500.00  Location zip code: 14739

I have a 1968 Bolens Diablo Rouge Model 502 For Sale. I disassembled and restored it this winter. The machine is complete as far as I know. It runs, drives, and stops good.  The sled has a transferable New York State registration in my name. The restoration was fun but I am into the newer sleds so it is up for sale. Here are the details:

-Disassembled the tractor body and ski seater. Media blasted all metal parts then primed and painted them. Purchased a new decal kit and installed decals.

- New SKF wheel bearings for the rear idler sprockets.

- Some new rubber boogie wheel bumpers were installed. All bumpers are in good usable shape

- Boogie wheel assemblies have grease fittings installed

- Gas tank has been Kreem coated. There was not any issue with the tank – the coating was done for preventative maintenance.

- Hirth 300CC motor runs good and has approximately 120PSI compression.

- 4 new motor mounts

- All new wiring, new headlight switch, both headlights and taillight work

- New seat wood, foam, and original reproduction seat cover.

- Steel  skis with welded wear bars installed

- Spare Drive belt included

Known issues

The recoil will not return if you pull it all the way out. If it does not return it is no big deal you can just take the recoil off with the four bolts and reset it. I have just learned not to pull it out all the way and it is fine.

Paint is presentable but not perfect – it does have some runs and orange peel in it.

Plastic Nose piece has some cracks in it

One of the headlight lenses was cracked. I glued it back together and it seems to be fine.

Chaincase does leak where the drive shaft passes through. I guess this was a common issue. I just make sure there is always enough oil in it.

Carburetor heat shield is not original. I fabricated this out of sheet metal.

Throttle and brake levers were media blasted and painted. The original chrome was pitted.

One of the track cleats was replaced by a piece of angle iron.

Let me know if you have any questions or need more pictures. I also have a walk around video that I can send you.

You can contact me at ezlivinmark@gmail.com

Details of the restoration can be found in the snowmobile section of the forum.
http://forums.whatsintheshop.com/?forum=375257
IMG_4437.JPG  IMG_4440.JPG  IMG_4442.JPG  IMG_4449.JPG  IMG_4451.JPG  IMG_4453.JPG  IMG_4454.JPG  IMG_4458.JPG  IMG_4459.JPG  IMG_4466.JPG  IMG_4467.JPG  IMG_4468.JPG  IMG_4470.JPG  IMG_4471.JPG  IMG_4473.JPG  IMG_4474.JPG  IMG_4444.JPG  IMG_4445.JPG  IMG_4446.JPG  IMG_4447.JPG  IMG_4448.JPG  IMG_4455.JPG  IMG_4465.JPG  IMG_4475.JPG 

banana4monkey

Reply with quote  #2 
Sold on 8MAR2015. Thanks for all the positive feedback.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!

http://www.whatsintheshop.com