WHATSINTHESHOP.COM A Forum To Share What's Going On In Your Shop

Author   Comment  
banana4monkey

Reply with quote  #1 

After riding the 600RR for awhile now I am very happy with it and there is no doubt in my mind that I want to keep it for awhile. I find that I ride the sled standing up almost all the time and the handlebars are a little lower than I would like them. This makes it tough on my back after a long ride. I decided to raise the handle bars about 8" with a  handle bar riser block. To determine the amount of rise I needed I stood on the sled and used a measuring tape to measure the amount of rise I needed where the bars felt comfortable for me. The risers are available in 2", 4", 8", and 10". The stock riser is 2.5" on this sled. Going to 8" will require an extended throttle cable, brake hose, and you will have to extend most of the wiring going to the controls on the handlebars. See pics below of the install.

IMG_4371.JPG 
Parts required for install - riser, throttle cable extender and brake hose extender

IMG_4372.JPG  IMG_4373.JPG 
Pics of sled with stock risers

IMG_4375.JPG  IMG_4374.JPG 

First I check to make sure the extended brake hose will fit correctly - right fittings and right length

IMG_4377.JPG 

Unhook the throttle cable

IMG_4379.JPG 
Mark all the wires and then cut them to add extensions

IMG_4380.JPG 
New riser and stock riser

IMG_4381.JPG 
Next I installed the new riser

IMG_4383.JPG 

IMG_4384.JPG 
Here is the throttle extender by powermadd. The existing throttle cable is attached to one side of the slide inside the block and the new extender is attaché d to the other side.

IMG_4385.JPG 

IMG_4386.JPG 
After installing the new extended brake hose I bled the brakes using a mightyvac vacuum bleeder.
IMG_4388.JPG 

Now on to the wire extensions. First I solder the wires.

IMG_4389.JPG 

Next cover the soldered wires with electrical tape.

IMG_4390.JPG   
next I use shrink tube on the wire extension and then solder and tape the other end.

IMG_4392.JPG 

After the wiring is done I use blue removable Loctite and torque the mounting bolts.

IMG_4393.JPG  IMG_4394.JPG 
Install complete

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!

http://www.whatsintheshop.com