WHATSINTHESHOP.COM A Forum To Share What's Going On In Your Shop

Author   Comment  
banana4monkey

Reply with quote  #1 

I recently wanted to clean up the tunnel on my Polaris 600 RR snowmobile so I pulled out my bottle of Captain Richards “Bombs Away” Metal Polish and Sealer. This is the best metal polish I have found and I’ve tried a lot of them. The Bombs Away metal polish is a non-abrasive metal polish that can be used on chrome, polished aluminum, and most any other metal. The polish costs $15.00 for an 8 OZ bottle. I have used this product for over 5 years now. Here is the good and bad. Also check out the pictures below.

THE GOOD

Works Fast – In my experience the Bombs Away metal polish works faster than any other polish I have used. It usually takes one application and one buff to get a great shine. Most other polishes require multiple applications and buffs to get the same results

Best for Billet Aluminum – I have a Billet Aluminum rear wheel on my Harley and we have hard well water. This polish is the only one that I have found that removes the hard water spots from the aluminum easily.

Sealer – This is not just a polish it also seals which means that the metal will stay brighter longer than other polishes

THE BAD

Price- $15.00 for an 8 oz. bottle is expensive as compared to other polishes but for me it is well worth it due to the results and the time saved.

Availability – I can only find the polish on line. It is not available at local auto parts suppliers.

If you have vehicles with chrome or polished aluminum I highly recommend this product. I have used all of the metal polishes that you can buy at the auto parts stores and they do not compare to the Bombs Away when it comes to how fast it works and the long lasting shine.

IMG_4242.JPG  IMG_4243.JPG 
Dirty Tunnel
IMG_4244.JPG 
IMG_4245.JPG 
What it looks like
IMG_4246.JPG 
IMG_4247.JPG 
results after a little elbow grease and Bombs Away Polish

banana4monkey

Reply with quote  #2 
I recently polished the wheels on the Yamaha Warrior that I am selling. I used Bombs Away with great results. Getting these results will take some elbow grease. I have used many metal polishes but I have not found a product that restores shine like this. See pics below.
IMG_4894.JPG 
Before

IMG_4895.JPG  IMG_4896.JPG 
After

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!

http://www.whatsintheshop.com