WHATSINTHESHOP.COM A Forum To Share What's Going On In Your Shop

Author   Comment  
banana4monkey

Reply with quote  #1 
Up for review is a degreaser that I have been using for a couple of years now. I just used it to degrease an ATV so I thought I would do a review on it. The product is called Purple Power and is made by Clean Rite. This degreaser is available at auto parts stores in gallon and five gallon sizes. The bottle says that it is biodegradable. Included below are some before and after pics of the ATV using this product. Here is the good and bad.

THE GOOD

Powerful - If you use this degreaser at full strength I found that it will break up and wash away grease that has been caked on for years. Note that it may require multiple applications and some wire brushing for really heavy deposits.

Inexpensive - The gallon size costs about $6.00. You can also cut the degreaser with water if the deposits are not that bad. A can of Gunk engine degreaser is almost $4.00 so the Purple Power is more cost effective in my book.

Non- aerosol - Since this product is not aerosol you can use a pressure gun or a spray bottle to apply the degreaser. Here is a link to a review of the pressure gun I use.                                                        http://forums.whatsintheshop.com/post/tp-tools-tp3060-engine-cleaning-gun-review-allegany-county-ny-7360313?pid=1286767379#post1286767379">Pressure

THE BAD

Stains/discoloration - The purple power can stain certain surfaces like rubber if it is not washed off fast enough.

Smell - This stuff smells bad. You definetly want to use this product in a well ventilated area.

I recommend this product to help ease the cleaning of a dirty greasy vehicle or engine bay. See the pics and captions below for the steps and results.

IMG_4862.JPG  IMG_4863.JPG 
Purple Power gallon size

IMG_4864.JPG  IMG_4865.JPG  IMG_4866.JPG 
Before pics

IMG_4868.JPG 
Using pressure gun to apply the degreaser
IMG_4869.JPG   
Let degreaser sit for a few minutes but do not let it dry IMG_4870.JPG 
Next hose it off with some fresh water
IMG_4874.JPG  IMG_4875.JPG  IMG_4876.JPG 
After pics

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!

http://www.whatsintheshop.com