WHATSINTHESHOP.COM A Forum To Share What's Going On In Your Shop

Author   Comment  
banana4monkey

Reply with quote  #1 

Up for review is my chain lube of choice for years. I have used this lube on dirt bikes, street bikes, and ATV’s. Based on the can this lube is a waxy film similar to Cosmoline, which provides long term protection in water and high humidity environments. It is formulated with heavy duty, anti-wear, and extreme pressure additives that provide superior lubrication for all chains, cables, and sprockets. The chain wax is offered in a 5.5 ounce ($6.45) and 13.5 ounce ($9.89) aerosol can. Here is the good and the bad.

THE GOOD

Doesn’t fling off – As long as you let the lube dry (10-15 minutes) it will not fling off like other chain lubes do which attracts dirt that can cause further wear and can make your bike/atv look terrible with a dirty gummy streak.

Versatility – Works with both O-ring/x-ring and non o/x ring chains

Value – A little of this chain lube goes a long way.

Does not attract dirt – This keeps both the bike/atv and chain clean

THE BAD

Reapplication intervals – the only bad thing I found with this product is that I am not really sure when the chain needs more lube. This is because the lube dries to a waxy film and it is hard to tell visually that the film is gone. With conventional chain lubes the chain is wet when the lube is applied and when it gets dry you reapply.

I recommend chain wax if you have a bike or ATV with a chain. I have used this chain wax for almost 10 years without any issues. If you have any experiences with this product feel free to share your opinion.

IMG_5184.JPG 
IMG_5186.JPG  IMG_5187.JPG 
Some grime but not terrible

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!

http://www.whatsintheshop.com