WHATSINTHESHOP.COM A Forum To Share What's Going On In Your Shop

Author   Comment  
banana4monkey

Reply with quote  #1 

I just used this charger last night so I thought it would be good to do a review on it. I bought this charger about 6 years ago at Autozone on sale for $100.00. It’s just another tool that I am glad I have around the shop. Here are some details on this charger from the company website:

200A ENGINE START | 40A RAPID CHARGE | 10A FAST CHARGE | 2A CHARGE
FOR EXTREME ENGINE STARTING, CHARGING AND RUGGED USE •
Manual operation ─ must be monitored •
200A Engine Start ─ high amperage for cranking an engine with a weak or run-down battery •
Timer-controlled or continuous operation •
Easy-to-read, color-coded meters •
2-1/4 hour timer •
Voltmeter ─ for battery testing •
Heavy-duty transformer •
Temperature overload protection •
Heavy-duty clamps ─ for a solid connection •
6 ft. power cord and output cables ─ for a total reach of 12 ft. •

Here is the good and bad I experienced with this charger

THE GOOD

200 Amp engine start – This is a great feature that will start engines with a weak or dead battery. This saves a lot of time as compared to jump starting or waiting to charge a battery.

6 Volt and 12 volt capability – I don’t have 6 volt batteries but is it nice to know I can charge them with this charger

Mobility – The unit is not that large and not that heavy. It has a good set of wheels and handle on it to easily move it around the shop

Fast charge – This charger can charge a battery in an hour if necessary. This is not the case with my smaller 10 Amp charger.

THE BAD

No automatic shutoff – This was big for me since I worry about over or undercharging the batteries when I set the timer and amp settings. I have a smaller automatic charger that is nice since it is set it and forget it.

Clamps – I found that the charging clamps are too large especially when charging motorcycle and ATV batteries

Power cord – The power cord could be a little longer.

I’ve had no issue with this charger since I’ve owned it and would recommend it if you want a manual charger. To be honest if I had to buy another one I would spend the extra money to go with an automatic charger.

IMG_6359.JPG  IMG_6361.JPG  IMG_6362.JPG  IMG_6363.JPG  IMG_6364.JPG  IMG_6365.JPG 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!

http://www.whatsintheshop.com